Climate change is on the rise and it isn’t giving any quarter. The heat is getting more intense not only for us Texans who are busy coping with the scorching heat of the Lone Star State’s summer, but also for each and every HVAC in the area. And for those who do not have their own system yet, now would be a great time to think about air conditioning installation in Garland, TX or wherever you are in Texas.
It doesn’t matter if our AC system is newly installed or not. Come summer, our air conditioning and household cooling systems work at nearly twice their normal year-round capacity when this season rears its hot, burning head. If our HVAC were athletes, summertime would be competition time. Air conditioning systems are groaning from working twice as hard in the homes, in the malls, and in the offices. If you don’t take care of your system well, you may find yourself in need of another air conditioning installation somewhere in Garland, TX or wherever you are.
So like the truly responsible homeowners we all are, we ask “What can we do to help ease the burden of our beloved HVAC systems?”
Here are a few tips:
- Clean your system regularly. One of the simplest yet most effective way you can maintain your HVAC system is to give it a good cleaning every so often, and that includes changing the filters, cleaning drainage holes and drying dehumidifiers. The act of cleaning out a system’s filter reduces energy usage by 15%. For drainage holes, use paper clips or small pieces of wire to clean out the tiny holes. Remove excess dirt and debris from the system’s interior to make sure it’s working normally.
- Clear the exterior system’s surroundings. Regularly inspect the part of your unit that is on the exterior side of your home for creeping plants and other obstructions. Things like loose vegetation and debris can suffocate the overall AC unit, making it work with more strain, pulling less air inside to cool your home.
- Consider a smart thermostat. Smart thermostats adapt to the immediate settings. That means even if you don’t tinker with your HVAC’s systems, or when you are unable to because you’re out and about, your system will work according to the demands of the season. Some smart thermostats even suggest ways to lower utility costs.
- Open windows if possible. If it isn’t too hot or humid for you, you can always let natural cooling take place. If you live in an area where it gets cooler during the night, open the windows before sleeping and shut them when waking up to trap the cool air inside your home. Natural ventilation is one of the easiest and most natural ways to cool your home while cutting costs, and there is a ton of useful resources available for you both online and offline about how to maximize it.
- Regular tune-ups. Nothing really beats when professionals give your system a comprehensive inspection. Preventive maintenance and regular tune-ups from experts are proven methods to make sure that your HVAC system is working at top efficiency while also maximizing its lifespan.
Summer can be intolerably hot, especially in Texas where climates range from hot and humid to arid and dry, so it’s important to make sure that you stay cool and hydrated.
We at Williams Services offer HVAC maintenance, repair, and air conditioning installation in Garland, TX and its surrounding areas for homeowners who need it! Make sure that your HVAC is working effectively by giving it the professional care it deserves. Call Williams Services now!