When your AC decides to stop working, sometimes it feels like your life has also come to a stand-still. Since the summertime can go through heat waves for days, you can expect your Mesquite air conditioning team to arrive a little late. While you are running through the motions of getting your life back, here are a few things that we can suggest while waiting for the technicians to arrive. High temperatures sure can be a problem but here are some tips to make such situations more bearable and productive.
- Turn off extra heat sources: During the day, it is best to keep as many lights off and sources of heat covered as possible. Turn most of the lights off and draw down the blinds or curtains. Having CFL and LED lights instead of the regular ones will also help, since they tend to emit the least amount of heat.
- Turn on the fans: If you have fans at home, turn them on. This will help keep you and your home as cool as possible, while waiting for the professionals to arrive.
- AC History: You want to remember about the complete history and age of your AC. This way, when the professionals come, this can help them determine the cause of the problem.
- Cobble up your AC’s history: You want to remember about the complete history and age of your AC. This way, when the professionals come, this can help them determine the cause of the problem. It is also best to look for any utility bills or receipts that might be useful. By looking at them, it can help the professionals determine if you are paying more than normal for utilities. This may help save you money in the long run, since high electricity consumption may indicate a malfunctioning AC system.
- Check the thermostat: Problems with the thermostat is a common reason why people call in for a Mesquite air conditioning team. You want to make sure that the thermostat is set to cool, since this indicates that your AC is running. Some thermostats run on batteries, therefore it is important to have a fresh set. If this does not work, then there is a possibility that the wires are plugged incorrectly or something else is wrong with its inner workings.
Waiting at home when it is extremely hot is no fun! This is why our team at Williams Services is in business. We are here to keep the residents of Texas as cool and comfortable as possible. So if you find yourself in a situation where you have been waiting too long for your AC repair technicians to arrive, we would love to help you out. Better yet, give us a call first and we will send someone out as soon as possible to take on all your HVAC woes.